Our environmentally friendly holiday homes promote a greener and more eco-friendly holiday experience.
We review hundreds of holiday cottages and only include properties that fit the bill, and are as kind and gentle to the environment as they are to their guests.
We encourage our owners to think sustainably by protecting local wildlife, encouraging recycling, using renewable energy, looking at insulation, energy and water efficiency and by promoting local amenities to avoid unnecessary travel for both the holidaymaker and the goods they purchase on their break.
We’ve put together some environmentally friendly holiday tips, to encourage guests to be as green as they can on their break:
- Support local shops and eateries. Not only beneficial to the environment, but it’s also good for the local economy.
- Make sure you turn lights and appliances off when not in use.
- Recycle. Most holiday cottages will detail available recycling, but you can also take a look at the Recycle Now website for info on recycling centres near your property.
- Take a hike or get on your bike. So many hidden holiday gems can be discovered on foot or by bicycle, and you’ll be aiding your health along with the environment.
Playing our part
We understand how important and precious our environment is and not only do we encourage our owners and customers to be ‘green’, we also follow our own advice. We make every effort in preserving our fragile world, from recycling to car share schemes and cycle to work events. Operating our business in a socially and environmentally friendly manner makes good business sense! The following summarises our commitment.
- We are members of Travelife for Business which is a fair system to help tour operators and travel agencies manage and improve social and environmental impacts by complying with the sustainability criteria.
- We will monitor and minimise our waste production and reuse as much as possible.
- We will recycle as much as possible.
- We will use Forestry Stewardship Council 100% recycled paper internally and in our publication.
- We will ensure that we use energy responsibly in our business operations and buildings.
- We will encourage fuel economy and minimising emissions by employee car sharing wherever possible.
- We will promote best practice to our owners.
- We will support local suppliers wherever practicable.